4/1/10

Read my lips

The other day Abe is trying very hard to explain an abstract idea to me that just is not catching on. (Abe had a funny way of arranging words like a foreigner some times) In his frustration he tells me that I should get something in my “ear to help me understand” WHAT? “You know that thing that the old guy has on UP? Can you see it in your minds eye Mom?”

OH, yeah ok, you think I could understand what you were saying if I had a hearing aid.  .  .ok very clever.

When all was said and done it turns out that he wanted to know when Aunt Heidi’s last birthday is? And how many does she get? .  .  .He though that once you grew up you stopped having birthdays. DUH, why is that so hard to understand?

Abe singing primary songs in the garage, comes in and said “Mom, do you know what God’s plan for me?”

Thinking that he wanted to show off some newly acquired knowledge, I replied “I don’t know, what is it?”

Abe “No really, what is God’s plan for me?”

 

I listened to Abe and Henry play a very elaborate game of resurrection the other day. Abe is the guard outside of the pantry. He sees an angle and falls down. Then they open the door to the pantry and Henry comes out (grinning and very pleased with himself) and they both yell “Jesus is alive!”

PS Abe gave an awesome Family Home Evening lesson the other night when he told the story of Easter.

4 comments:

Lisa Borland said...

awesome ! someones being a great mom! i love it when my boys talk about church...they play what they know.

Anna Jara said...

Allison, Could you tell me what God's plan is for me too? Thanks!

Britton Taylor said...

Holy Crap, I was rolling on the floor when I read this. My kids were asking me "What's so funny Mom?" They just wouldn't understand!

Mona said...

I just found the read the rest of the post. I too would like to know the rest of God's plan for me. Hope you are ramping up for a great birthday.